A network of adoptive families, birth families, and adoption professionals which exists to improve the lives of children and others touched by adoption through support and education. UFA is actively engaged in community outreach and advocacy to raise awareness of adoption as a loving option.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Agape Project



Agape is a Greek word for a particular type of love. Agape love is love that is based upon principle and is, by far, the noblest type of love. Agape love is unselfish and is more than just an emotional response.

I have been asked a dozen times what this project is and why I put this together. Well, it’s simple. I LOVE adoption.

My life changed 2 1/2 years ago. After multiple miscarriages, many failed fertility treatments and lots of tears, we were blessed with the most amazing little boy. From the time we received a phone call and the time we had a baby in our arms, it was a total of 2 1/2 weeks. The birth mom and my husband and I lived in different states and so a lot had to happen quickly.

We were blessed to be there for the entire delivery. When the nurse placed that sweet baby boy in my arms in the hospital room, I knew that God had heard my prayers and been listening to the desires of my heart. My prayers weren’t answered the way I thought they were going to be, they were answered better than I could have ever imagined. I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to hold a baby in my arms and not only did that dream come true, but I looked over at the amazing woman who had given him life and I knew our lives would never be the same. She needed me the way I needed her and I needed her the way she needed me. And, this sweet baby needed both of us. We had the same mission in mind. To give this little boy the best life that he could possibly have.

 If I had to describe what was felt at that moment by everyone it would be pure Christlike LOVE. Our journey together and separately has been amazing and I have realized that after our trials come the blessings. My sweet boy has been the biggest blessing anyone could ask for. He healed and completed me in a way that no one will understand.

For more information visit http://www.TheAgapeProject.net


Have you created something that celebrates adoption? Please send it to us so we can share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on this post.
Your comment will be published after it is approved.

Google Analytics

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...