A network of adoptive families, birth families, and adoption professionals which exists to improve the lives of children and others touched by adoption through support and education. UFA is actively engaged in community outreach and advocacy to raise awareness of adoption as a loving option.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Adoption Myths Busted, Part 4

This is the fourth in our series of common misconceptions about adoption.
To read more, see Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.

 "A woman chooses adoption in order to have the chance to finish growing up,
pursue her education, etc." 


While this IS a benefit of choosing adoption, it is not a reason for doing so.

I'm blessed by the many experiences and opportunities I've had to live the young single adult life. College, roommates, dating... I can spend my time and money however I choose. All of these things are greatly hindered for a single mom. But I tell you, without hesitation, I would give it all back! My son means so much more to me than any of it! Those things were not part of my reason for choosing adoption. He was. I was totally prepared to put my whole world on the altar to keep him with me. But I couldn't sacrifice his.
- Tamra Hyde

We'd like to hear from you. What were the reasons that you chose adoption? Do you find that those reasons were about making your life better? Or your child's? Leave your comments below.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment on this post.
Your comment will be published after it is approved.

Google Analytics

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...