A network of adoptive families, birth families, and adoption professionals which exists to improve the lives of children and others touched by adoption through support and education. UFA is actively engaged in community outreach and advocacy to raise awareness of adoption as a loving option.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

4 A.M. Feeding


photo by Dynamite Images
You grasp my finger
In your small hand
(Which is not like mine
Yet it fits.)

You hungrily latch
Your lips on tight,
(Lips not like mine
Yet I make them smile.) 

You gurgle then
Grunt your special
Noises, (that I encourage)
Stopping mid gulp to
Open your eyes
(That I did not give you
Yet they reach
Into my soul.)

I hear one small
Word in my
Mind, that settles
In my heart.
This you give to me.
Simply
Dad.


 By Scott Bradford



Would you like to share something you've created? Send it to us.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment on this post.
Your comment will be published after it is approved.

Google Analytics

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...