|image by FrameAngel|
To those who are trying hard and living right and things still seem burdensome and difficult, I say, take heart. Others have walked that way before you.
Here are five things to remember when trouble strikes.
|image by David Castillo|
1. Pray earnestly and fast with purpose and devotion. Some difficulties... do not come out save by fasting and by prayer. Ask in righteousness and you shall receive. Knock with conviction and it shall be opened unto you.
2. Immerse yourself in the scriptures. You will find your own experiences described there. You will find spirit and strength there. You will find solutions and counsel. Nephi says, "The words of Christ will tell you all things what you should do." (2 Nephi 32:3)
3. Serve others. The heavenly paradox is that only in os doing can you save yourself.
4. Be patient. As Robert Frost said, with many things the only way out is through. Keep moving. Keep trying.
5. Have faith. "Has the day of miracles ceased? Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the HOly Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved? Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men." (Moroni 7:35-37)
Jeffrey R. Holland
"In Times of Trouble"